Let me first start with a compliment: the customer service reps you'll be dealing with (and believe me, you WILL need to call them) on the phone are exemplary. They're intelligent, patient, polite and engaged, and will do their best to help you.

However, they have no control over the disorganized distribution centers and deadbeat delivery corps. We've had delivery drivers tell repeated, out-and-out untruths to the CSRs regarding the status of delinquent deliveries. There are only a few units in my building, but all of the tenants detest OnTrac. I don't know if it's just the distribution center/drivers in our area, but in addition to their dismal delivery record, the drivers never deliver packages to our door, which is up one short flight of stairs.

With all the news coverage of increasing package theft, our local OnTrac drivers still leave all packages, regardless of the value of the contents, out on the sidewalk near our building's mailboxes, exposed to any and all passers-by. Between the out-and-out untruths told by drivers, their failure to deliver any time near the projected delivery date, then failing to deliver packages to one's door, and the amount of time you have to invest in calling customer service to hunt down those deliveries days after they were supposed to arrive, it's enough to make you wish some clever entrepreneur would bring back the Pony Express. If I'm given a choice between delivery services, I'll always go with any other option than OnTrac, but sometimes online vendors don't disclose who the carrier will be. And then this stuff happens...

I'm on hold with OnTrac customer service yet again regarding a delivery that was supposed to arrive three days ago. Again, the CSR is pleasant and trying to be helpful, but there's only so much they can do, as they have to contact the distribution center or a driver, and that's when you fall down the rabbit hole.

I've now been told they cannot find a scan for the package, and that they have no idea where it is. Next I'll be told the rabbits have my package...

Product or Service Mentioned: Ontrac Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments